MCE is hosting our next Kansas City Eco-Org Networking Event for organizations in the Kansas City region that are working to improve our environment on Wednesday, November 29 from 8:30-10 am.
The goals of these events are:
- Relationship building: A space where employees/volunteers from environmental organizations can meet and understand each other
- Information dissemination: What does your organization have going on, what would be helpful to have shared, how can others help to share that information
- Collaboration: What needs to be done that isn’t being done and how could groups work together to address it, what is your organization not able to do that others could help with, where do you need more volunteers or participants, how can we support one another
These events are free to all attendees, but registration is required.
Attendance is limited to individuals who work with or who volunteer with organizations in the Kansas City area who are working to improve the environment.
- 8:30 am – Networking with beverages and snacks
- 8:45 am – Introductions
- Every attendee will be given the opportunity to introduce themselves, their organization, and the work they are undertaking
- 9:00 am – Presentations from partners
- Stephanie Dresen, City of Kansas City
- Carl Stafford, My Region Wins!
- Tessa Poolman, Missouri River Bird Observatory
- Ken Riead, Heartland Renewable Energy Society
- 10:00 am – End of event and further networking