Join the Historic West Bottoms Association, Riverfront Heritage Trail, Kansas City Parks and Recreation, and Bridging The Gap to help beautify our community by picking up litter and removing brush in the West Bottoms. This clean-up is on Saturday Sept. 23, 2023, starting at 8:30am and ending at noon. Meet us at West 9th Street and Mulberry St. Then, join us at noon for a lunch to celebrate our hard work after the cleanup.
What to Bring:
- A water bottle full of water (water coolers will be available for refilling)
- Check the weather and dress appropriately. Pants and closed-toe, sturdy shoes are required. A hat and sunscreen are recommended.
- Cloth gloves will be provided; you are welcome to bring your own if preferred.
- You must register online in advance for this workday. REGISTER HERE
- You must sign a liability waiver. If 18 or over, you will electronically review and sign during registration. If under 18, you must bring a hardcopy of the waiver signed by a parent/guardian. Click here for a printable waiver if you are under 18.
- Minimum ages: Individuals aged 8-16 years old must volunteer with engaged adult supervision, 17 or older may volunteer independently. All groups with youth aged 11-17 must have adult supervision.
Can’t make it? Check out other Bridging The Gap volunteer opportunities HERE.