MCE will be hosting a Kansas City Eco-Org Networking Event for organizations in the Kansas City region that do work in the environmental space on Wednesday, July 26 from 8:30-10 am at PH Coffee (2200 Lexington Ave).
This event is intended to bring individuals representing various organizations together to network and build relationships amongst one another, to have a space to share current events within your organization and to ask for assistance in spreading the word and encouraging participation from members of other organizations, and to collaborate on ideas, projects, or events.
For a quick overview of the event and what future events of this kind will look like, the agenda is included below.
- 8:30 am – Networking with beverages and snacks
- After the initial event, we will have participant sign -up sheets for speaking slots
- 9:00 am – Introductions
- Every attendee will be given the opportunity to introduce themselves, their organization, and the work they are undertaking
- 9:15 am – Purpose of these events from MCE
- Relationship building: A space where employees/volunteers from environmental organizations can meet and understand each other
- Information dissemination: What does your organization have going on, what would be helpful to have shared, how can others help to share that information
- Collaboration: What needs to be done that isn’t being done and how could groups work together to address it, what is your organization not able to do that others could help with, where do you need some more volunteers or attendees, how can we support one another
- 9:30 am – Presentation on 2023 Farm Bill and its impact on the environment
- 9:45 am – Exit survey & networking