The start of the second week of the Glasgow Climate Change Conference marked a shift to a more political phase of the conference. Ministers arrived, former US President Barack Obama drew a crowd, and negotiations continued.
- The COP Presidency set out their negotiation plan for week two;
- Talks on finance, adaptation, technology, and other issues;
- The High-level Ministerial Dialogue on Climate Finance under the Paris Agreement;
- Events on adaptation and loss and damage, which showcased experiences of living on the frontlines of climate change; and
- Countries pledging USD 232 million to the Adaptation Fund.
By IISD. Earth Negotiations Bulletin. November 8, 2021.
Read article here:
Read IISD Report of main proceedings for 8 November 2021 here: