Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 6:30 pm CST. Pollinator Friendly Neighborhoods—With Your City’s Blessing will equip residents, land managers, and grass-roots advocates with knowledge and tools to encourage cities, municipalities, and even neighborhoods to make common sense ordinance changes allowing for pollinator-friendly native plants to be integrated into lawns within the city limits. Ordinances, in plain language, are laws or rules enacted by municipalities. A municipality is a city or town that has corporate status and local government.In coordination with the Mid-America Regional Council (MARC), Gould Evans, and native plant advocates, this webinar will cover:
- Model ordinances developed by MARC for Tree Protection, Weed Management, and Native Plant Encouragement.
- Benefits of native plantings regarding water run-off, pollinator habitat restoration, and pollution management.
- Strategies to contact and influence elected officials to make climate-critical changes to ordinances.
- Programs that provide financial assistance to residents for making climate-friendly changes to their lawns.
- Don’t miss this timely and informative webinar as we embark on climate-friendly alternatives in our own front lawns!
Zoom Registration link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xDewjXNpT4ykixdWt92GOA